Sunday, July 27, 2008

On the way!

Well, I guess Mark's comment should lead me to describe my last week prior to my departure. Its actually been fairly hectic; I had Board meetings of the Eva Foundation, the shul, and Equal Access; at work, it looks like we'll be doing a bit of reorganization, so we spent a bunch of time talking that over. A the temple, dealing with a few of the deficiencies of the new building are coming to a head and we had a lot of talk, some hot and heavy email traffic, and I had to write a letter; at Equal Access we're taking a line of credit and I was involved a lot of that. So it seems that I'm leaving at a complex time, but what I've discovered is that all of these issues will still be here when I get back!

I rode about 100 miles this week, in one and two hour snatches; I also took a last Rhythm and Motion class, which was super fun, as always. We went to the ball game last night and watched Tim Lincecum strike out 13 Diamondbacks in 7 innings (and the bullpen lose it in the 8th...sigh), saw the show Sophie is working on Friday night, and had dinner with an old friend on Thursday. I did my last bit of shopping, packed and repacked my bag, decided what music to bring (Susan gave me permission to bring my guitar, which will fun to have on those days my hands aren't too tired to work it!), and we'll be heading off to the airport in an hour or so.

No comments: